View Single Post
Old 30-08-10, 10:28 AM   #24
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: ROSPA Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy joe View Post
How is it different from IAM? I asked last night and the person in charge of training said it was a higher standard. Since I have not done IAM, I will take his comment with a pinch of salt, as I imagine he will obviously be biased. I think that they both use the police roadcraft as a basis of the training, so they are likely to be fairly similar, but I am sure there will be those with more knowledge about this that may differ.
As you say, similar. But quite happy to accept that an IAM pass would be equivalent to a Bronze, it's just that we don't get the chance of being graded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
I'm an observer with the Thames Valley group
At least you should be getting the name right then

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamturner1 View Post
Im with ROSPA Smart Surrey / Sussex / Kent. They are wicked. Great Guys. Great informative lectures (last one given by a Police Crash Forensics Investigator). Awesome feedback. Very sensible fees. They really help raise your hazard aweareness which on the south's crowded roads can't be a bad thing.
Cool, where do they meet? I was thinking of getting involved, but really to busy with the other lot now.
Quote:

I did try the ripley IAM but I didn't really get on with them. Maybe being 24 not 64 had something to do with that.
Shame it must have been meeting me, wasn't it . Seriously I would be interested to know what (or who ) put you off.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote