View Single Post
Old 08-09-10, 05:10 PM   #13
muffles

Default Re: 1st time with Roxy at Rockingham - WOW!!!

Looks like you have some pretty good body positioning there I thought. You've got your head right out which is something I see a lot of people *not* doing, and they end up twisting their body - check out the guy on the left of the picture in the 4th picture down. It's not too bad in that example but you can see he's sticking his ****/knee out but keeping his head in. It's not the be-all-and-end-all and plenty of quick people don't keep their spine in-line with the bike, but I've never heard anyone recommending to do that. I personally find it easier to get my head out near where the mirror would be as it helps me focus on looking round the corner instead of at the gravel trap

I can't actually see if you've got cheeks off the seat or not, it looks like you might have to some degree, it's possibly just that you haven't stuck the knee out far enough. Maybe a combination of both that and not getting off the seat quite enough, but the lean looks fine to me?

How are your feet positioned - toes on the peg? If on the peg, do you put them on the end of the peg or a bit further in? I used to use the end of the peg (was easier to move side to side I thought) but you go through toe sliders (and then boots) in no time if you do that - I had my rearsets moved all the way back and up too (although they are just the standard ones so not massively adjustable).