View Single Post
Old 19-04-11, 07:09 AM   #17
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Test ride challenge

Test 3 - 2010 Honda CBR 600RR. 28.93 miles
Total Mileage 113.55

Again I wanted to take a brand new bike out for this test but again the dealer didn't have a new demo so instead took out a model one of the sales guys had been riding for the past few months.

The colour scheme was last years "special" colours and from a distance looks okay, It's not untlil you study it and realise it has pictures of playing cards and a womans face on it complete with lipstick marks it puts you off. In a regular colour scheme though I think the bike is really good looking.

This bike had also been fitted with a Leo Vance end can.

Sitting on the bike it seemed comfy enough probably the nicest of the 600s I have tried so far. Made my way slowly through the ever increasing traffic on the way out of town and the problems with this bike soon made themself apparent.

There was quite a lot of vibration through the bars and 5000-7000 revs the exhaust sounded awful I had just woken up from doing a night shift, was a de-hydrated and had a bit of a headache and this wasn't helping.

Got out onto the open road and some twisties and once you get the bike above 7000 revs it feels sounds and feels a lot better. However the suspension didn’t cope with the bumps as well as the GSXR and the midrange power was lacking. I had to keep it in second and third gear the whole time.

I really wanted to like this bike because its a Honda so will last for ever, I like the looks of it and at the moment they have a great 0% finance offer on so I could actually afford one. Unfortunately I was glad to get off it.

I am sure on the right roads or on a track this is a very fast bike but on the road it's too much hard work and compared to the new GSXR it feels very harsh and unsophisticated.