View Single Post
Old 19-04-11, 07:38 AM   #18
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Test ride challenge

Test 4 - 2010 Honda CBR 1000RR. 25.30 miles
Total Mileage 138.85

After taking out the CBR600RR I went back to the showroom and told the salesman how I got on. I kept comparing it to my Fireblade so he said, well why don't you try the new Blade then.

Well I spose so

Again there wasn't a demo if the 2011 model but there was this 2010 in the showroom which was their demo from last year.

Sitting on the bike was just like sitting on my Blade. I had read that the newer Blades had become more focussed and that the old ones are more comfortable but I didn't find this was the case. It was like putting on an old pair of slippers. The riding position felt the same as my bike.

The oly thing that was a bit strange was the gear lever, you have to move it a lot further than any other bike I have ridden and the first couple of times I went to shift into second I ended up on neutral.

This is also the first bike I have ridden with a slipper clutch which took some getting used to. I kept thinking I had knocked it down into neutral.

Unfortunately just as I was going out I hit rush hour so couldn't really give the proper test as I spent most of it stuck in traffic. For the short ride I did do it felt just like my old Blade, i.e. brilliant at everything and comfortable as well as being sporty.

I will try and take it out again and do a proper report.

Last edited by L3nny; 19-04-11 at 08:10 AM.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote