Thread: hyosung
View Single Post
Old 03-01-12, 11:49 PM   #10
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: hyosung

I had the pleasure of working on a mates Hyosung a while back and the example I worked on was awful. It was a rust bucket of the worst kind with a rotted out exhaust, rusting frame and every bolt was rust flakes just to make servicing easy. It had a permanent oil drip from the engine cases that required a bowl under the sump. The oil actually came from higher up the engine, but ran down and dripped from the lowest point, which was the sump nut.

Working on it was a pain because there was no manual, but there was a downloaded and translated Web page that had some odd translations.

Getting parts was difficult and the only real option he had was to get stuff bodged to fit if he wanted to replace bits. The weight was a lot more than my K3, which I put down to the steel frame and budget build. However, it did look the part from a distance with USD forks and pretty paint. Up close it was a dog and after three weeks my mate traded it and bought a small Hornet, which he has kept. Says it all really, when a 250cc bike has more power and rides better! Oh yeah, the ride position was horrible and the bars actually fitted into the indents in the tank when turned full lock, getting it out of the garage really made my hands hurt due to the position my hands were forced into.

I can't remember what the engine in it was size wise, but I know it sucked! Given the choice of an old Curvy SV or a recent Hyosung, I would go actually go for the Curvey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote