Thread: Solar Panels
View Single Post
Old 30-01-12, 06:33 PM   #8
suzukigt380paul

Default Re: Solar Panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
We had 9 x 240W Bosch panels (2.16kWh system) installed in early December (just before the 12th Dec cut-off which has since been put back) to get the 43p FIT rate. All-in cost was circa 9.4k, payback circa 8 years. Installed by our builder who has a company that does this.

We're with Utility Warehouse who give us an extra 2p on the FIT rate when export payments are made into our account rather than into the bank.

A few things to note:
1. Be careful as to how many roof-planes that you put the panels on. Each will give a different voltage and not many rectifiers can cope with more than two. Ours are on one plane only.

2. Make sure that the mountings are bolted into your roof joists and sealed properly where they go through the lining. Be careful with utility companies installing them for this reason.
i really dont get it,do you get you money back by not using the generated electric and selling it back to the grid for double what it costs to buy it!coz on the face off it,if i spent 9.5k on a set up and i pay about £32 a month on DD for electic it would take 24.7 years to get my money back asumming i never ever buy any more electric for a nother 24 years,or am i missing something