View Single Post
Old 18-04-12, 04:01 PM   #17
Kilted Ginger

Default Re: Summer Police Initiative

To be fair i dont have a problem with this, they monitor these roads (and all others) anyway, giving the warning allows those that need to to modify their riding style.
Its the summer, the biking roads always attract more attention.
I've had a few conversations with the police bikers, at the green welly, at a heavily manned inspection stop they were running and ocassionally in McDonalds or somewhere else i've stopped for a coffee. I've always found them to be helpful rather than being overly pedantic about the legality of the bike. One even agreed to do an ad-hoc bike safe type ride with me there and then.
Central (who cover this road) are the only force whose bikers volunteer for bike safe, all the other forces get paid for it, the central boys do it on their time off. nuff said.
As for stopping you for a chat, unless you're riding like a loon or speeding, or its been a very quiet day then its very unlikely you'll get stopped. They tend to park at the welly or the wee cafe at loch tay. Last year they actually suggested i may want to be carefull with my speed heading back to doune as there was a van there that afternoon.
The Traffic bods (cage) sometimes are given targets and work in connection with the vosa and if you are told to target "unsafe" vehicles then, old heaps, vans, boy racer cars and bikes are the most likely to have faults or not 100% legal mods.