View Single Post
Old 11-02-13, 01:00 AM   #21
Runako

Default Re: Anyone for Castle Combe 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff-SV View Post
Can you just turn up for a DB test or do you have to book ahead?

Also as I'm new to track days what are the necessary items I need to take besides my license, leathers and bike?
Don't worry about petrol too much, there's a station nearby and plenty of breaks to refill. I actually think there is a bit of prep you need to do for your first or any trackday. But if its just for the Ridesafe thing you should be fine (remember to bring ALL parts of your license - some organisers are stricter on this than others, but just to be safe).

If doing a full trackday I strongly recommend bringing some basic items with you. A little toolbag (or in my case a big one) with selected useful tools for making adjustments throughout the day (e.g. Chain, pre-load on fr and rear susp, rearsets if you have adjustable ones, tyre pressure gauge etc).

Other little useful items - Snacks ; water; Tape (masking/electric) for mirrors and lights; spare levers (ok, maybe excessive); a few selected nuts and bolts.

On my first trackday my mirror came loose. Allen key will fix that, or simply remove them for the track. On my second trackday my barend somehow worked itself loose. Philips screwdriver came in handy. I could also adjust my rearsets and footlevers to make them feel optimal for the track. I also checked my tyre pressures throughout to make sure they were ok.

Now in all likelihood, you will meet people who have trucked or trailered down their bikes. They will have a mini paddock set up with their track bikes and have more tools than a hardware store. In my experience trackday riders are a great bunch and happy to lend a hand/tools if needed. But you never know so I would say at least go a little prepared. Some trackday websites also give guidance on how to prepare. Read up on these for more guidance.

Last edited by Runako; 11-02-13 at 01:02 AM.