View Single Post
Old 25-06-13, 05:55 AM   #5
dkid

Default PR2's V's Storms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
I'd also say a better comparison is the Pilot Power range as the PR's are more touring than sport.
This is the switch I'll be making. The RR is currently wearing PR2's from the previous owner and they have a couple of thousand miles left in them before I can justify changing them. When the time comes I'll be trying a set of pilot power 3's.

The PR2's are decent enough but don't feel brilliant when pushed really hard. They haven't stepped out on me badly but at bigger lean angles they aren't as stable as I'd like. They have around 2-3mm chicken strips left and I don't see me getting rid of them all together unless I took them onto a track (which I don't think will be their strength).

Playing with the pressures and getting a suspension set up at Jhs racing all helped but ultimately they don't inspire the confidence I've had with other tyres (the Dunlop roadsmart 2's were waaaay better IMHO in the dual compound ST category).

I should add that for someone who mostly commutes with the odd bit of weekend fun these would be an adequate tyre, especially as they are well priced.
However if you mostly ride for fun with the possibility of track days thrown in, its probably worth shelling out the extra for something at the sportier end of the spectrum.

Last edited by dkid; 11-07-13 at 05:49 AM.