Thread: Tips Required
View Single Post
Old 19-07-13, 11:52 AM   #14
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tips Required

I haven't read all the notes on page 1, bit long! Good advice already above though, Coppice (end of start/finish straight) is very fast, just a bit of throttling off is enough to adjust your entry speed, it does take some getting used to but if you're not going in about 100mph then you've got room for improvement! Build up to it though, there's a big tree opposite.

Run onto Park (back) striaght is all important for speed, the pair of bends before (Charlies 1 and 2) are blind and complex, you'll get the hang of it though, stay wide until you can see where you're going (at least to start with), go too tight and you'll go too slow.

Forest bit by the clubhouse, you'll need to flip flop quickly, I made the mistake of turning too late. Watch the good guys from the clubhouse and you'll see they start to flip the bike over for the next bend just after leaving the apex.

Finally, getting there. Road form the south (Horncastle) isn't too bad but from Louth (north) it isn't very forgiving, this is not the time to be trying anything on, I'm not even joking!

You'll have fun, that much is guaranteed!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote