View Single Post
Old 11-08-13, 05:38 PM   #19
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Law and Cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabteacake View Post
As opposed to any pillock buying a bike from Halfords then cycling home whilst weaving all over the road and not understanding any road markings
I'd wager most of those pillocks, already have a car license, I don't see how a theory test would actually help. It be reasonable assume that an adult would have some common sense and follow the rules of the road, but for some people they seem to forget all this when they sling their leg over the cross bar.

I can understand for young kids, teenagers, it probably makes alot of sense, but for adults I dont think it would make any difference, you cannot IMHO legislate against stupidity and ignorance.

I think alot of car drivers just do realise how vulnerable you are on a bike. But I also dont think alot of cyclists realise it either.

I've got 3rd party liability insurance as part of my British cycling membership, cost me IIRC £28 for a years worth of cover.

This covers me if I cause an accident and damage somebody else's property so that the damage I cause is repaired / or what I damage is replaced.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote