View Single Post
Old 23-03-14, 06:45 PM   #109
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bar conversion with pics

Freshly painted side panels that took a whole lot of work and were painted by hand. They were flatted back between coats and left to dry for twenty four hours between coats too. I use acrylic paint and a fine brush and got a lovely grain effect in the grey back ground and then by mixing silver and violet I got a lovely metallic purple that I was happy with.

Once the paint was all done, the whole lot got flatted down again and then washed to remove all dust and finger prints before a glass coat was added. three light passes and then it was left to dry for twenty for hours before flatting down and repeating. They had about twelve coats in total with acrylic lacquer and the final coat was then left to harden for four days in the warm before being given a coat of wax. The result is so smooth and glassy it looks like it was done in a spray shop. I am most pleased with myself, but it was worth the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.

Last edited by Jayneflakes; 24-12-14 at 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling and Facebook stole my photos and sold them to Bear
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote