View Single Post
Old 09-05-14, 07:44 AM   #54
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Halal meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I saw a article on the news today about Halal meat and the animals not being stunned. Some animal welfare dude said something about wanting to ban all instances of animals being killed without stunning them first on the grounds that it was inhumane. I actually laughed out loud.

I find it tiring listening to this kind of guff. How do you rationalise in your brain better ways to murder an animal? How do you get to a place in your head where you honestly think "stun then throat slit" is better for the animal than just slitting its throat? I'm not arguing that it isn't, I'm arguing that its feckin irrelevent. If you're going to take a herd of animals to get murdered and end their lives (which is the ultimate evil as far as the animal concerned) why make a big deal about the few minutes before it happens?

If you want to be a veggie on animal welfare grounds, then fine. Good for you. You're not murdering animals. You've made a stand. Fair play.

If you want to murder animals but do it in 'a nice way' then shut up.

For the record, I eat meat. Now hit me with your ridiculous animal welfare arguments and ease your murderous conscience by babbling on about nice ways to murder. You know you want to.
Ridiculous welfare concerns? Adrenaline taints the meat, you don't want to kill an animal that's stressed.

The ultimate evil is not the kill, it is being inhumane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs DJ Fridge View Post
I totally agree with Bib's comment of kill it, cook it, eat it, this is why when I have had perfectly good pigeon in my sights I have not shot them because I cannot cook them. I would however still reiterate comments that I have made on other threads, go to your local butcher not a supermarket, they can give you real details about what you are eating. Not a vegetarian, just a lazy eater who cannot be bothered to eat meat, I do eat fish it takes less chewing, yes that lazy, and I could never be a vegetarian, I love leather shoes and handbags.
Why not they, make good eating if you've got time to pluck them.