Thread: Speeding
View Single Post
Old 07-06-14, 06:08 PM   #6
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Speeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesW View Post
Absolutely gutted! Picked up a second speeding ticket in 2 months and like most working people I cannot afford to lose my licence.

I ride purely for recreation because riding a bike quickly is a tremendous amount of fun. I can't imagine owning a bike and sticking rigidly to speed limits, 60 mph feels like you're standing still on some roads.

Now I'm scared to take the bike out in case I get another one. How do you guys enjoy a quickish ride and avoid getting banned?

My mate suggested getting a 'Road Angel' or similar device, or a track bike and forget riding on roads. Dunno what to do about this
Riding quickly is for a certain time & place. By the sounds of it you don't know when it's appropriate to do so. If you are being caught on camera then I have no doubt it will be on a NSL road with lots of speed camera signs warning you about it.
Riding quick in a straight line takes no skill & isn't as much fun as getting the bike leaned over in the bends. Get off the main roads & get on the twisty B roads and develop your cornering skills.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote