View Single Post
Old 01-09-14, 04:32 PM   #202
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
That didn't happen yesterday when I went out and was stuck behind about 10 cars (I was in my car) because of cyclists riding 2 a breast.
I *think* the highway code says that a vehicle causing a queue to form should pull over where possible to let faster traffic past. I think this is aimed at tractors etc but it applies to all.

This is my gripe of the day. The point of this thread. I'm sure not every gripe here is agreed upon by all.

It's a matter of being considerate to others, no more.
Yes, but unless you were going somewhere in an emergency, having to hold back for a little bit to overtake some cyclists isn't going to stop you getting where you want to get to. Everyone is always in way too much of a hurry these days.

I agree with being considerate & as I pointed out we do go into single file, some of my 2 wheeled friends don't and do think they own the road, which I don't agree with.

To make the roads a more peaceful place folks need to accept they don't own the road, be considerate & just accept that sometimes you won't get where you're going without some form of minor delay.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote