View Single Post
Old 21-09-14, 02:15 PM   #4
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: have you been a Good Samaritan for a biker

I stop quite often if I see a biker on the side of the road. A while back I saw a guy with a blue and white Gixxer, he was sat on a rock in layby, his lid on the road and his bike parked up. He looked like he was having a heart attack and I felt compelled to stop just to check he was OK. He was fine, but the look on his face when another human being stopped to check he was OK was something else. It was a look of relief mixed with gratitude and the tired wave he gave as I rode off made me think that he had maybe had a rough corner at a velocity he was uncomfortable with!

Recently I saw a guy riding a classic old bike start to wobble and pull over. I stopped to check he was OK and found out that an unmarked Police Car had been tailing him and his mate for a while. His mate was cautioned for speed and poor riding and I slowed down on a road I know very well. Had I not stopped, I could well have been the one getting a telling off for exuberant riding.

Not every stop though is a nice one. A dear friend of mine is a biker and a scooterist, while riding home from work he stopped to help a young lad on one of those of plastic modern scooters because he was sat on the side of the road. The young lad got horribly abusive and was lucky not to get a thick ear from my friend who is one of those bikers who looks like he eats babies for tea! Why was he sat on the side of the road? He had run out of fuel. My mates bike has a can on the side because it is a custom chop bike made to look like a Mad Max survival bike. Had the lad been more decent, he would have been given free of charge, enough fuel to get him home or to a petrol station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote