View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 12:23 AM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tyre to match an OE Dunlop?

yes i agree with smithers and SK but i'll add my 2ps worth.

if you have chewed threw a D220 in 3k then you are ragging the bike away from lights or cracking the throttle wide open at every given opportunity. you should have had at least 7k out a D220 rear. if i'm right then stop ragging the bike, calm down a bit and learn to ride smoothly. this will save you a fortune in rubber not to mention other consumables.

if you stay in a city and your only using the bike for commuting in that city then if it were me i would be looking at buying the hardest rubber i could get my hands on such as full touring type. if you dont then i would say get any decent brand duel compound sports touring rubber as they are all pretty much same.

i dont commute and i only do 6-7k a year but my recent choice was Michelin PR3's which i found to be superb in every condition and very confidence inspiring. i got 5k out a rear and i dont hang about but i'm a smooth rider. others on here have done a rear in 3k and some have gone as long as 10k so its all to do with the right wrist action.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote