View Single Post
Old 07-10-14, 08:56 AM   #6
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Tyre to match an OE Dunlop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

if you have chewed threw a D220 in 3k then you are ragging the bike away from lights or cracking the throttle wide open at every given opportunity. you should have had at least 7k out a D220 rear. if i'm right then stop ragging the bike, calm down a bit and learn to ride smoothly. this will save you a fortune in rubber not to mention other consumables.

i dont commute and i only do 6-7k a year but my recent choice was Michelin PR3's which i found to be superb in every condition and very confidence inspiring. i got 5k out a rear and i dont hang about but i'm a smooth rider. others on here have done a rear in 3k and some have gone as long as 10k so its all to do with the right wrist action.

Change for a pair of modern sports touring rubber. Find the best price for a pair of Avon Storms, Pirelli Angel GT's or Michelin PR3's (I don't like, but I am in the minority) or something similar.

You will thank us for it. SV is sooooo much nicer on decent rubber, especially now the roads are wet & greasy.

Did my rear D220 in 3k. Wasn't ragging it, cos I just got the bike, but it did get squared off nicely by pottering about enjoying myself, mostly thru winter.