View Single Post
Old 18-11-14, 07:42 AM   #970
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
No markings on the roundabout denoting direction. I guess if you look at it from that way then no bad.
2 lanes, no markings...left or right can go straight on...the only thing the harley rider did wrong was not give it enough twist to give himself all the space he needed...mind you that might be more of an issue with the bike than the rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
Mark, Sweet Briar / Dereham road roundabout?
That's one I can think of where both lanes can enter for the same exit with a merge, there are a few on the ring road!

Not the best design as it's asking for confrontation...that's where some good filtering and commanding of the road is required so you know you have the lane and exit for you. And it would be a different strategy for each entry even on that roundabout and whether it's free flowing or not, sometimes heading away from sweetbriar and straight ahead (enroute to A&E for example) I'll use the right only lane to get to the front and then barge in just behind the front man and carry on. Coming the opposite way where there are 2 lanes that can exit straight ahead with more free flowing traffic I'll position myself in a good spot to avoid confrontation and have sole "ownership" of my bit of road...if it's busy I'll be a road hog and make sure I am in control even if that's not truly the legal thing to do at the roundabout and I may **** someone off but I'll be safe!

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 18-11-14 at 08:29 AM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote