View Single Post
Old 27-11-14, 11:53 AM   #1075
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Waking up on my nice lazy day off to hear the sports news. A lad I'm very fond of who played for Middlesex for a season has been hit on the head by a ball in a match back in Australia and despite wearing a helmet he's received a serious head injury and had to undergo emergency brain surgery. He's in a critical condition. It's touch and go right now. Proof that one second life is chugging along nicely and the next it can all hang in the balance.
Well if you've seen the news today you'll see that my cricketer mate didn't make it. He got up, went to work to do a job he loved, there was a freak accident, he didn't go home. It's not right, it's not fair. He was 25 years old, a kind, cheeky, always smiling lad who brightened up the days of those he spent time with.

When we get on our bikes we know only two well we are taking a risk, and we put on our leathers and our helmets to protect ourselves as best we can. But I never expected a friend to die playing cricket. I guess we have to remember that life is precious.