View Single Post
Old 15-12-14, 09:06 AM   #34
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Default Re: the PC Gaming thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
Well I couldn't wait, after watching a lot of Elite Dangerous game play on twitch I went and bought it on pre-order

I did hope that my current i7 laptop (thinkpad x230) would cope with basic settings so I downloaded the combat tutorial app and even running lower than 800x600 it is a joke, my poor laptop with no seperate GPU (just the cpu based hd4000 stuff) was not up to it in the slightest.

So....I've bought a new gaming laptop, sorry, I mean development laptop , so that I can run it properly and play when away a week at a time stuck in hotels of an evening...the new toy should arrive on the 18th, it's an MSI GS60 2QE with a Nvidia 970m GPU

I didn't bother going for 3K / 4K screen, I figured I'd use the difference in the price to purchase a separate 29" super wide monitor for at home later on instead. Who needs more than 1920 x 1080 on a 15" laptop screen anyway!

Roll on the 18th!
Hopefully any roll out problems tomorrow will have been solved by Thursday as I have the day off for a serious gaming spazz out. Will be playing "open" and seeing how it goes.

The forum has loads of good advice once u get passed all the moaning!

Last edited by STRAMASHER; 15-12-14 at 09:08 AM.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote