View Single Post
Old 24-02-15, 10:54 AM   #20
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hypermotard 1100 Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
That's not something that I have noticed. Feels pretty easy to move around on the saddle. The only thing I've found odd is body positioning in a corner. Having ridden sports bikes for ever do I put my knee out or do I put my foot out moto x stylee?
It was at this years NEC show. I'd been looking forward to seeing the new Hypermotard so made straight for the Ducati stand and eventually managed to elbow enough people to one side to be able to get my leg over one....and all I can remember is a huge feeling of disappointment with the riding position. It put me in exactly the same position as I have on my SV with the same problem, I can't get my weight forward enough because of the tank.

With regard to leg in/out it all depends of the type of corner and the speeds. Basically anything that is going to be 1st, or maybe 2nd if it's wet or really loose, you want as much weight on the front wheel as possible and hanging a foot out on the inside by the front wheel spindle is a good way of doing it. It's not necessarily about "saving" the front if it lets go, if it does you do stand a small chance of dabbing it back but nothing like on a proper dirt bike, it's all about keeping the front end loaded as you turn in.

Here's a pic of what I mean on the SV taking a hairpin.

Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote