View Single Post
Old 29-04-15, 08:11 PM   #1
otaylor38

Default Sv1000 better made than the SV650?

Hi guys

So I've had a 2001 sv650 up until last year. It was an immaculate example, 5000 miles when i got it, 19000 when i sold it and in just as good condition, but with a few tasteful extras, beowulf end can etc etc.

I've since changed to a 2002 VFR800 Vtec and the bike Id a joy to ride, its faster than the SV, although its a bigger bike it corners better, handles better in general, suspension is worlds ahead, better made etc etc but the only thing with it is, the engine really doesnt seem to carry much character. Yes it goes like the clappers when its in vtec, but it doesnt give you any real joy when doing it, it just does it, failtlessly, if that makes sense?

Im tempted for an SV1000. I miss the grunt of a vtwin and the snarling sound. I sort of want the sv650 again but with more, more power and better suspension, better quality fixings etc.

Will the sv1000 do what im wanting? Is it better made? Or are the fixings still made of cathedral city? Is the suspension better as stock?

Look forward to hearing. Im keen to become part of the SV crowd again, having been briefly lead astray .

Cheers.