View Single Post
Old 09-05-15, 07:06 PM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

Default Re: My latest projects.

Quick update:
The Phil Read honda never came off, unfortunately. The guy hasn't said anything about it since.
The CBX550 is still at the same stage as it was before because I ended up buying one of, what I think, is an Icon of the 90's A ZXR750J1 Kawasaki. I've always wanted one since they were introduced, but never had the opportunity. It was only built for 2 years because Kawasaki thought that the Europeans were limiting the power of all large capacity bikes to 100bhp, but it never happened, so Kwak redesigned it with more power & different looks & called it the L. I think that the J is the best looking ZXR in the whole range, so when this one appeared for £350 I couldn't say no.

It was a stolen recovered that the guy couldn't be bothered with. It had been in a ditch for a while, then left in a shed for over 12 months, so was in quite a state.
I won't bore you too much, but it's had hours & hours spent on it cleaning & un siezing, painting & scrubbing & she now looks like this.

This is my photoshop image of how I want it to look. The wheels are going to be silver, or black, I can't make my mind up.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote