Thread: Best security
View Single Post
Old 10-07-15, 03:20 PM   #12
7755matt

Default Re: Best security

Thankfully my house is not on a main road, and I don't leave the bike outside. I run it ticking over with the door shut in the morning to get it warm, and only stop on the drive to wait for the door to shut, as I get home I zap teh garage door and ride straight up the drive and back into the garage. Bike is on view for less than 5 minutes tops. Garage door is closing before I turn the engine off.

At work, its a small car park in front of the main building, bikes are parked right outside the front door. There are often people wandering in and out to the smoking shelters. I'd like to think there's no chance anyone would try and get a bike from work. I only work 8-4 so there's no late night working. I have a disc lock for at work. I may get another chain for work and leave it behind the reception desk.

At home there's now an alarmed disc lock and a chain that goes through the rear wheel and over the seat so nothing on the floor. I will eventually get a ground anchor - stupid question but are they really difficult to move - the bike may be moving to a different part of the garage sometime. I could get a second one, but the original would have to be removed
7755matt is offline   Reply With Quote