Thread: The MTB thread
View Single Post
Old 20-10-15, 09:14 PM   #2514
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: The MTB thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Which model is it? They're mostly pretty bad tbh.

What sort of bike are you after? £450 would nearly buy a brand new Voodoo Bizango, it'll definitely buy a very good used one, they're fantastic bikes. Hardtail rather than your full suss carrera but at this price that usually works better, the money's not spread out as far so you get higher quality.

Lots of other good options at around £500, it buys a lot of used bike and a pretty decent new bike but if you want to narrow it down that's a good place to start!

thank you for the suggestion, but I'm really after a full sus, despite my Carrera failing so readily I think it was more because it was really quite old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Buy my Voodoo Hoodoo, one careful owner, not much use. New rear mech & chain.

Free mud if required

sorry mav, looking for dual sus mate.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
The first thing with any bike through Gumtree is to try and establish if it's stolen, as many are. There's some good advice here.

http://lcc.org.uk/articles/how-to-av...-a-stolen-bike

Use it as a checklist when you contact the seller. If the bike is only a year old you'd expect them to have the receipt. And if they are genuine they should have no objection to showing it to you.

ok, thank you, I shall have a look at that and ask him a few questions about it etc...
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote