View Single Post
Old 07-12-15, 10:52 AM   #5
bikerbaker

Default Re: Am I the only crazy in Essex?

Thanks all, good to hear there is some life out there! To be honest I think the lack of activity is an Essex thing. I am as guilty as the next person, not being a great "joiner". I'm Essex born and bred and have never lived anywhere else but am aware that there is not the community spirit found elsewhere.
I often ride up to Thirsk and have found that even Harley owners acknowledge your prescence once out of Essex. I always stop at the Humber Bridge and inevitably end up in a conversation with at least one other biker. Last time I got chatting to a guy with a Deauville which has resulted in my wanting one as I love touring on the SV but am fed up with putting the panniers and tailpack on every time I want to do an overnight stop. I'll still keep the SVs though. I also want a Buell XB9R, its a V twin thing really combined with not wanting anything too heavy.
When I lived near Braintree there used to be an informal bike/car gathering on a Weds evening outside Heine Gerike, anyone know where they all went?
bikerbaker is offline   Reply With Quote