View Single Post
Old 18-12-15, 09:21 AM   #10
Fen Tiger

Default Re: Insurance Liability Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
Cool, thanks guys was just on my mind. On the couple of times I've been pulled out on I haven't been too aggressive with the front brakes at least. Had a little slide on the back once.
Glad I had a GoPro to stick on my helmet incase this ever happens!
Recording the scene has its place and provides good evidence but be wary of riding more aggressively because you think you will be a able to prove you are in the right later. Not suggesting you do this but it does happen.

As a novice, learn to treat vehicles at side junctions as a serious threat to your well being. Consider use of the horn and move away from the hazard on the approach. If you don't see the driver looking your way blow the horn for half a second far enough in advance that the driver reacts and the vehicle will not pull into your path. Moving away towards the crown of the road and adjusting speed will give you more time to react should the vehicle pull out. Another useful technique is to look at the front wheel of the vehicle which is side on as you will see instantly if it starts to move. If you are riding in a busy built up environment with multiple side roads ride 3/4 or more out from the nearside in your lane if you can to give yourself more space and time to react.

Ride safe, have fun.

Last edited by Fen Tiger; 18-12-15 at 09:23 AM.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote