View Single Post
Old 05-02-16, 04:59 PM   #18
Fordward

Default Re: Glencoe Massacre IX - Chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
No fir me

Going to Portugal in October, so gotta save up for all the Sagres (the beer) and Super Bock's. Oh, and scuba diving.

Please don't take this as criticism, but also a bit bored going to same place for 3 years in a row. Nobody's fault, and a lot, lot better than no GM at all. Fordward has done an excellent job of picking this up and making it happen but I am just the kinda person that doesn't go the same place on holiday twice, in fact going back to Sagres (the place), Portugal is the first time I have ever repeated a holiday destination !!!

Probably by August I'll be scratting around down the back of the settee to find pennies to come, but at the moment I don't see it happening.
I can fund at least a few of your beers, would be good to see you.

Totally know what you're saying about the Kinlochleven 3 years in a row.

I did try to get us back into Beinglas/Dovers (and I emailed them back in December), they didn't have availability until the last weekend in September / first weekend in October, and that's getting risky for the weather.

Looking at how many people took rooms instead of camping/wigwam last year, we do need hotel facilities and the place on St Mary's loch didn't have enough of that, and the nearest B&B was 2 miles walk up a main road.

The year we went to Cruachan Farm it split the group into two, between campers and caravanners.

Not sure Strathfillan Wigwams would have us back.....!

On the poll I did, most people voted that they would go anywhere and book thier own accomodation, but then many of those same people wrote in thier comments that they'd like to stay together in the same place.

I did a lot of other googling, but finding camping, wigwams/caravans, hotel rooms and food all in once place is a big ask. So we have kind of run out of suitable venues in Scotland, and I'm too far away to recce new ones anyway.

So I figured what the hell. I'll make the ridout completely different, and at the end of the day so long as we are all in a bar in the evening with a live band and beer, and we all have a pillow to put our head down, what does it matter what town it's in... It's not like we tend to go sightseeing anyway.

Back to the Kinlochleven was better than letting the GM die off IMHO.

Last edited by Fordward; 05-02-16 at 05:03 PM.