Thread: Bike Itch
View Single Post
Old 05-05-16, 03:01 PM   #12
L3nny
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bike Itch

On the track I've ridden (in order) 929 Fireblade, GRSX600 K1, Stock SV and now my heavily modded SV.

If I am honest the SV is the best out of the lot, with a -1 on the front tooth I was just about hitting the max speed at the end of the back straight at Snetterton. The GSXR front end stops all the diving under braking and the brakes actually work. yes it sometimes looks like you're going backwards when R1s are flying past you on the straight but going fast in a straight line isn't much of a skill.

With the Blade, most tracks I only used 2nd and 3rd, probably just got into 4th on the Hangar straight at Silverstone. Then there is the risk of losing traction, which I did at Mallory and highsided, it was all over before I knew it, with the SV if the rear wheel starts misbehaving you've got enough time to sort it out before disaster.

The GSXR was okay but again I wasn't changing gear much and you can't short shift when you need to. it was also really cramped and my legs were starting to get sore after a couple of sessions.

I've only ridden one on the road but I'd love a 2004/5 R6 on track, I rode my mates a few times and it was a proper screamer and really easy to get on with.

Last edited by L3nny; 05-05-16 at 03:03 PM.
L3nny is offline   Reply With Quote