View Single Post
Old 29-05-16, 04:55 PM   #5
Marchetti

Default Re: Pilot screw adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riktherider View Post
Right, had a bit of a hassle getting one of the pilot screws out of the carbs as the head had got shagged (seems a common problem with the screws in the carbs) its been running rich for ages, and havent got around to buying new carbs as the screw was jammed, but recently it has really started to loose power. wont even lift the front wheel when throtteling it in 1st gear! i think ive been running it rich for too long, and buggered the piston rings but will check that later...first things first get teh carbs sorted. Started cleaning the carbs but need to know how many turns out (from completely tightened) for the standard setting, then i can work from there and set it to my requirements.

cheers
Adjusting the idle mixture screws is a bit tricky. Ideally you should set them at 2.5 turn out from closed position and then readjust while the bike is running with a vacuum gauge hooked up. Typically you would just turn in the mixture screws until it stumbles, then turn out the screws until you reach maximum vacuum. Make sure you get a very short skinny screwdriver to reach the idle mixture screws though.