View Single Post
Old 02-06-16, 09:23 PM   #990
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

No, this kind has the shutter coc-king integrated with the wind-on lever like the Contessa, I believe. It's a pretty basic camera, no meter, max speed 1/250, not even flash contacts by the looks of it (which is odd). The Pantar lens isn't anything to write home about though. You'd be better off with 122000617443 or looking out for a cheap Contessa (viewfinder model) with a Tessar lens, there were some around but nothing right now. Or 291776924798 viewfinder again, some sort of auto exposure system, maybe like Yoko's Symbolica.

Cleaning up the shutter on my Certo. Got to the mechanism fairly easily, the screws holding the escapement couldn't have been tighter, but got it out, couldn't get the self time out though. Pretty oily but getting there. Found a loose pin jamming the speed selector, think I know when it fell out but not where from, all seems to work and no obvious place it came from. Am being uber-careful with this one! I don't like flushing the whole shutter out with hexane as it'll move more dirt around but I've had to do it a bit this time, then spend a while swabbing the oil back off the leaves.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote