View Single Post
Old 06-06-16, 06:21 PM   #419
Fordward

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
I disliked it, I thought Evans was annoying, I thought LeBlanc was wooden in the studio links, the star in a reasonably priced car segment was cringeworthy. LeBlancs piece on the Ariel Nomad was only half decent film in the programme, seemed quite natural at actually testing a vehicle. Like most I was not overly impressed.

Then, I thought, what was Evans supposed to do with the show. He clearly loves Top Gear, and is only trying to do the best job that he can with it.
Then, I read this crap http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...-truck-is.html

Lost the plot springs to mind. Needless rant about 'haters', or, more specifically, his target audience. Needless pop at the previous presenters, none of whom have commented negatively about his version of the show. A delusional idea about the 'success' of the first show judging it from a viewing figure point of view, many of which would have watched out of curiosity, all nailed on to a p!ss poor car (truck) review that read like he got his child to write it with the help of a sales brochure.

I was one of the 6 million viewers, that watched because I was a fan of the show, that would either watch it or sky + it in the past. I will probably watch it tomorrow night cos the missus has gone to Spain. Other than that, on the strength of the first episode I will no longer be bothered if I miss it or not.

So, No Mr Evans, it is not a success.
What a load of crap! Of course they smashed the ratings, it was the first episode of a brand new show and everyone tuned in to see what it was like. It was amateurish at best, sounds like this week was no better from those who gave it a second chance, next weeks ratings will be much more telling, when everyone gives it up for dead.