View Single Post
Old 01-08-16, 07:29 PM   #1656
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Yeah had a bit of a beano of repairs. Funny how they're all different. My Contessamat started all this off, but after buying what I thought was a nice working camera, which arrived looking super shiny and awesome, turned in a roll of film that was just fuzzy (and scratched in places thanks to Jessops). Sticky everything and galloping lens fungus on every surface. It precipitated quite an extensive job, only matched by antics lately, although others like the Vitomatic were a breeze. The Konica is falling into the epic camp! The Certo wan't far off. Anyhoo they call to me, you have no idea how many ads I resist on ebay. Oh look, it could be great, just needs a little work... There is a guy in Sheffield who sells through the moniker Life Thru A Lens, basically all overpriced and mostly not working. He has been advertising a Contessamat, I'm trying to twist his arm to get it for a discount. I think he doesn't like the idea more than the maths. For sale at £1 including postage, so £15 less fees gives you about, what, £13? So I offered him a tenner and I'd come and pick it up, so less hassle. I know it's Yorkshire but seriously, that's £3 off for an easy sale, or, no sale at all and drop the price again (was £25). TAKE MY F######ING MONEY WILL YOU
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote