View Single Post
Old 23-10-16, 09:23 PM   #2214
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

A couple of things while I remember. I don't think either of these have coated lenses, so be wary of incident sunlight on the glass, a hood is useful but you can always use the camera door as a shade. I still haven't scanned any from my Certo but you can see the flare quite easily. When I made sure I shaded it, it came out well. On the Bessa, when it opens there is a little pin that also pushes open the viewfinder, though the last couple of times I tried it, it didn't, maybe it didn't go high enough. Anyway you can see it just under the edge of the finder cover as it's silver, and you just have to pull up the cover yourself, there's no latch on it. The struts seem to need pushing to lock them; it opens fine, but the last little bit needs a bit of help. Push the tab on the inside of the lens door to release the struts before folding up. Finally, I have no idea how the 6x4.5 mask comes out, maybe it says in the manual, but it has a little poky bit at its corner. This opens both of the red windows, otherwise one is automatically closed (for 6x9), so you know if the mask been put in (even with film loaded), and whether to use one window or both. Nice.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote