View Single Post
Old 25-01-17, 08:21 PM   #2149
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
I'm convinced my boss is lazy.
He asked me to write up my own annual review minutes and is now chasing me for them.

I accidentally shredded the notes.

Oh dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
One of the reasons I went self employed is to get away from the seemingly endless and usually pointless objectives setting and performance review sessions. My reviews were normally written in advance by someone who did not keep tabs on what I did so could not possibly know how well I'd done against something that was usually totally out of my control and not related to the job I was doing. The review meeting was always a formality and me trying to point out how well I'd actually done in reality and did not deserve a mediocre rating was a waste of oxygen.

Well my team have to write their mid year & end of year review for me, and I have to do the same for my boss. In our current system a certain percentage have to be marked down and within my grade we have meetings to decide who's going to get marked down within our teams.

My boss has to do the same for my grades in his department. It wastes a load of our time, on something that isn't used in promotion or job exercises, demoralizes anyone who got marked down who didn't deserve it, and is the most loathed reporting system I've ever known.

Thankfully its the last year for this one, but we don't know whats coming in to replace it.

We would all happily not have one, if you're not up to scratch then have a poor performance system.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote