Thread: shocking
View Single Post
Old 22-07-17, 06:15 PM   #6
Mickle

Default Re: shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
have you upgraded the front end?

putting a good shock like a nitron on the rear will show up the front more. if you have already upgraded the front then i would recommend a Nitron sport. when ordering a nitron they dont just spring it for your weight they will also shim the valve for the kind of riding you do so tell them when ordering. there is no point putting a race shock on if your riding bumpy single track B roads.

another point that is almost always overlooked is the rest of the components that affect your suspension movement which are the swingarm bearings and knuckle bearings, if these are seized or worn then you will not get the true benefit of a decent shock. best to inspect and service/replace the bearings while fitting the shock. its a bit like putting braided lines on to counteract seized calliper pistons, aint going to work.
Yes makes perfect sense Bilbo

The front end will also be sprung for my weight, going to do the seals and guides and change the oil,

I had the rocker out last spring, when I last had tyres. cleaned it all up and greased. Didn't do the swing arm, but with the wheel and rocker out it moves smoothly with no noticeable play.