View Single Post
Old 18-08-17, 07:47 AM   #4837
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
How is that different from Christianity building churches all over the world, based on belief in a religion this will happen. But as with so called white "Christians" a lot of "Muslims" are not all that religious either and want a normal life with some common decency. People need to stop with the them and us and understand religion always creates a divide, and that WE ALL need to get past that!
We have learned the (very) hard way in Britain and Europe that religion and government do not mix, that is why we have secular (division of church and state) government and that accounts for the prosperity and freedoms we enjoy (and very much I'm afraid take for granted) - but certain religions are not happy with this idea and still think their religious laws override the laws of the land that has welcomed them and given them a much better way of life - that is what bugs me, the huge ingratitude, and almost complete lack of respect for you host country and making very little effort to integrate. I grew up in Wolverhampton, and when I go back there now I feel very much as if I am in a foreign and very alien country.

IMHO every religion on the planet is designed by men to have power over women, and that sticks in my craw big-time.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote