View Single Post
Old 27-08-17, 03:32 PM   #1074
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
just like the other week I put a Xenon H4 bulb in my headlight and a LED parking bulb
Good advice about servicing electrical connectors as once they start to corrode it is a vicious circle, the more they corrode the hotter they get, the hotter they get the more they corrode................ water contains oxygen which feeds corrosion of metals, keep water away and jobs a goodun.

I had a few (good quality) LED side light bulbs fail in my Civic because the side light is in the same reflector as the headlight bulb, they basically got fried by the heat from xenon filament bulb. I have now fitted LED headlamp bulbs so hope the side light will last longer. I have fitted LED H4 headlight bulb into my AL7 single headlight, so took the chance to fit an LED wedge side light bulb a same time. The fan less philips Z-ES chipped bulbs from classiccarleds are bright and silent with a great (legal) beam pattern - I have attached photos of beam pattern from H4 LED bulbs in my wife's Honda Jazz both on garage door and on the road if anyone interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02807.jpg (107.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02801.jpg (107.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02800.jpg (105.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02806.jpg (107.2 KB, 0 views)

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 29-08-17 at 08:49 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote