View Single Post
Old 13-10-17, 01:44 PM   #5030
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Having just been driving from Shropshire down to and around south west Cornwall and then back again over the course of 2 weeks with a Nextbase 512GW dashcam I should be in a position to show some footage on youtube of terribly bad driving (both on motorways and elsewhere) mainly I have to say by BMW drivers (Bad Mannered W^nkers in their German staff cars) trouble is that although I have a 32Gb card in the device, it starts overwriting older files after as little as 2 hours (it is HD 1440p, each 3 minute file is over 600Mb, and it also records a 'low resolution file suitable for viewing via wifi on a phone or tablet at same time) - there is a crash sensor and a button on bottom left of unit that you can press to 'protect' a file but looks like I may have to either lower the resolution or invest in an 128Gb card to get decent driving time out of a card, and they are not cheap. I could downgrade the video resolution but that defeats the object of having HD for number plates etc.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote