View Single Post
Old 01-11-17, 06:09 PM   #2740
Trev B

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Mav, cant remember if I posted this comment before so here goes....about 3 years ago I approached my solicitor in the UK to see if there was anyway around this having to sell your house for nursing/care home fees in later life!and in a nut shell the answer was NOT MUCH. He said. 1. Signing it over to the kids(2) now I’m 63,he said MHRC can say you’ve done this to avoid selling and can hit them with a massive bill + if your kids separate their partner is entitled to half of your kids half so can cause big big problems. 2. sell up and down size,spend the kids money!enjoy it while your here or give some money to your kids while your alive in bits and bobs. 3. He could write a Trust thing out that made sure if me or Mrs B have to go in a Nursing/ care home they can only take 50% of the value of the house once you have both died BUT if both of you are in homes they can take the full amount (value of house).So in brief,the *******s have sown it all up for us working people good style,no or very little to be passed on to our loved ones despite working and paying taxes all your life while those at the top eat cake every day.