View Single Post
Old 20-11-17, 08:39 AM   #3
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650 AL7 problem

The plugs on the L7 are different from most. There are 4 of them and they have a nickel alloy electrode not the more common (these days) iridium. Not sure why they are used because they have to be changed every 7500 miles and cost £12 each which doesn't seem much like progress when cars can now run 100,000 miles on a set of plugs. I'm guessing its emissions related.

Last time I checked they did not show up on NGK's website and so must be bought from a Suzuki dealer. They were changed at the last service (7500 miles).

I was thinking that one of the fuel injectors might not be shutting off cleanly leaving too much fuel in one cylinder which doesn't have time to evaporate in a short petrol station fill up.

Yesterday, after the fill up I rode to my usual haunt (25 miles), had a cup of tea and it started without a problem (engine was off for 10 - 15 minutes or so) whereas at the petrol station it was more like 3-5 minutes. It was 5°C yesterday but it has done it in warmer temps too.

I'll mention it when I book it in for its next service, it's a rare occurrence at the moment so not urgent.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote