View Single Post
Old 25-04-18, 09:09 AM   #5698
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Last night was a shocker on the trains. Got to Stratford which is one stop on from Liverpool St where we start, and after a short delay they asked over the PA if there were any drivers travelling on our train. When no one was - although I said I could give it a go as I can't see it being that hard - they booted us off the train.
Not fun, although I'm sure you could have driven the train to Chelmsford and then let someone else have a go - it's only accelerate and brake after all...

I got booted off a bus yesterday on my way to drinkines with old workmates. The grumpy blob that was behind the wheel kept turning the engine off, counting to ten and starting it again, revving the knackers off it. After three rounds of this he shuffled off to the office (we were in the bus station at the time) and came back with another blob, this one wearing a very greasy hi viz and even greasier overalls, with whom he had a heated discussion about brake pressure. There must have been 30 of us on the bus waiting to go and this produced some odd looks, even the bloke with the slurred swear words who had been ranting to himself and who stank like a brewery carpet was starting to get nervous. The hi viz blob caved in after five minutes and we were shunted to another bus, much to the annoyance of the people waiting to get on it as it was scheduled to be another service going in a different direction. I hate busses. Needless to say I got a taxi back.