View Single Post
Old 02-06-18, 09:52 PM   #5152
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Haha, love it. I passed on the beaten up Super Ikonta, which went for £32 in the end! Been a while since I shot and 120 so I loaded the one folder I have which works properly - 1937 Certo. I have a 645 mask for it now so I'm going to try that instead of 6x6. Confused myself and loaded the film three times. You can wind it in either direction, for 645 the normal way it has two red windows for the 6x9 numbering on the backing paper. I then reloaded in the opposite direction to use the 645 numbering but then wasn't sure which window to use, and found that later cameras that used those numbers have the red window in the centre, like 6x6 but higher, not on the left and right, so how to make sure both the first and last shots actually land on the film? In the end went back to plan A and will use the 6x9 numbers twice. Hopefully not crumpled anything with the rewinding. DOH! Need to get the case fixed, the strap is coming off on one side where the leather has perished, it'll give way so I can't use that to carry it. Anyway, we have a 1940s day next weekend so will take a few snaps, hopefully the sun is out this year!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote