View Single Post
Old 24-06-18, 06:28 PM   #5915
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I have Middlesex and most of the Thames Valley on my doorstep (it's why we moved here) so I normally manage to avoid "suitcase" jobs. About to click over the three months off mark now, I'm getting bored, and Lady Poppy is getting twitchy so I do hope my pestering phone calls turn up something soon. Still, the weather has been nice.
Yeah, being Norwich based definitely means I have to travel, unless I am lucky to land a job in the city of which there aren't many to speak of...

It's been 3 months for me too and I've just pulled my back last week, so I can't really jump on the bike and work in a chair all day right now either; I blame getting busy too much DIY whilst off! Still the loft is now fully boarded up, the garden is looking useable again and the logs are all chopped ready for the winter..

It's strange how too much time off gets at you though, even with lovely sunny days. Most would think we're lucky to be able to take time outs but I now have this daily nagging feeling about not working (we're bred to work aye!) and it can't be healthy...

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote