View Single Post
Old 05-07-18, 06:30 PM   #1
EliteAlex

Default New bike help! What constitutes high mileage? Query about servicing too.

Hi, I'm looking for a GSXR750.

There is a k8 fairly local to me in blue, with 13700 miles and about 6 stamps in the book. Asking £5k. Looks like it's been looked after.

There is a different K8 about 200 miles away in black with 9700 miles on it, with 4 stamps, however one of the services was in 2013 at 3700 miles. The next was a 8400 miles in 2017. Asking price is £5,150. Is this gap in service history something to worry about?

I read online, get rid of a bike at 25000 miles as it's past it, others say don't worry about it, keep it serviced etc and it will last forever (almost).

Many thanks for the opinions/advice in advance. I basically want to know whether i should discount the blue one as i don't know whether it is high mileage? I do just over 2k miles a year, fair weather (yes i'm one of those!)AM I WORRIED ABOUT NOTHING!?!?

PS. I know this isn't a GSXR forum, but there is a lot of knowledge on here and many have been very helpful in the past.