View Single Post
Old 06-07-18, 08:52 AM   #5992
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
My wife used to get migraines after visiting the cinema when we lived in SA, thought it was the flickering of the screen, turned out to be the large glass of fresh orange juice she only used to drink at the cinema.

You are right Bibio that a lot of people are dehydrated and don't know it, in hot weather when you stop sweating is a danger sign, and a lot of the problems with confusion and health problems in older people (who think 3 cups of tea a day is enough) is down to lack of fluids. One thing is tea and coffee can irritate the bladder and make people want to have a pee more often but only small ones, what you find when you drink water is that when your bladder tells you you need to take action it is normally pretty full and well worth a visit to the loo, but you can normally delay it a bit before it gets real urgent because the bladder will fill up but is not 'irritated'. I am sure the sensitive bladder advertised so often on TV and elsewhere could be cured by drinking more water and less tea and coffee.
I think tea and coffee are Diuretics which help the body to lose fluids. So the wrong thing to drink if you're dehydrated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by admin; 06-07-18 at 08:56 AM.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote