View Single Post
Old 08-09-18, 09:02 PM   #6263
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My bike! Buy a Honda, they're always reliable..... well reliably expensive when they go wrong. Bent my key in the filler cap the other week as I have stated previously. Finally got round to my local stealer to have my new key cut and chipped etc. for them not to actually even be able to do it! I ended up leaving the bike with the dealer to try and sort, having been there since early this morning, as I had a hockey match. Got given a CBF750? I think, it might not have been though (whatever it was, it was APPAULING! it wallowed going in a straight line, let alone round any corners and the front brake was non-existent, it would have been quicker to stop using my feet Fred Flintstone style!).

When I returned some 3 or so hours later, after my match they still hadn't been able to sort my new key and could only come up with the answer that they think it might be the ECU which is the problem. So I'm left with one key that does work (one of the originals), one new key that is only any good for opening the filler cap and one key that is bent and useless for intents and purposes. They even tried taking the chip out of the bent key and putting that in the new one, to see if that would work with the HISS, but it didn't. Hence why they think it might be the ECU that's the problem and a new one of those is £900 plus, with then VAT to added on top!!!!

I don't like not having a spare key, but I just don't think it's economical to spend that much to get another one made! On the plus side at least they didn't charge me for all the labour time they spent trying to get it to work. Still cost me over £100 to get a key cut that doesn't even work in the bloody bike! I was spitting nails, but I do understand and appreciate that they need to be paid something for their time....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob

Last edited by chris8886; 08-09-18 at 09:05 PM.
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote