View Single Post
Old 13-09-18, 09:57 AM   #6305
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
With the advent and apparent proliferation of the internet in our lives I opted to embrace 'Internet Banking' and have been enjoying this aspect of control over my finances for some time now. On the strength of having this wonderful facility I opted to go paperless, i.e. stop receiving bank statements. This has been the situation now for at least the last five years.
It would appear that there has now been a change in the legislation in what information banks are obliged to keep you informed about. I now receive a letter (hard copy) kindly informing me that there is a new statement available for me to view on line.

You can't make this stuff up.

And breathe.
The Banks don't make the data laws, they just have to comply.

I can understand banks and other authorities sending letters to an address as part of their security, HMRC will send a text message to your registered mobile number with a unique code ( valid for 10 minutes ) when you log on and need to access your account and others should do it as well. It is just good practice to use multiple lines of communication.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote