View Single Post
Old 17-09-18, 10:06 AM   #6324
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I'll check the swirl flaps actuator arm later today, thanks for that piece of info Red ones.

Broke out the credit card and bought a new EGR on ebay, along with oil and filter. Should be here Tuesday/Wednesday. Once that's fitted and the oil and filter are changed I'll get out onto the motorway and have one more go at and active regen cycle. If that doesn't work then it's either one of these or a visit to these people

Be careful with EGR & DPF removal. As the website says, "Our DPF Removal service is sold for off-road use only. Removal of a DPF will almost invariably make your vehicle illegal for use on a public road. This is not legal advice and if you are unsure if this applies to your vehicle, please seek further advice."

It makes the car not only illegal (which is a problem of you get caught) but also an MOT failure. If the MOT centre is vigilant then it will get spotted.
Those eBay prices are refreshing.

On the job front - you never know. I once took a job as a stop gap and 23 years later (and several new jobs) I can say that first one introduced me to something I enjoy. I also one took a shizz job. I was warned by colleagues about it but I ignored them as I wanted the pay rise. God it was awful and the company were shifters who cut every corner possible. I left in months but now I know every trick contractors try in the industry. Occasionally the boss wonders why I don't spend weeks banging on about contractor performance, because I only need all one question most of the time.

My point is, something's the carp job is the one where you learn most even if you leave and go somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote